Thank you for your interest in learning how to perform CPR!
The Upper Montgomery County Volunteer Fire Department is offering American Heart Association®, CPR/AED Heartsaver® training. UMCVFD wishes to provide up-to-date CPR and AED training to advance wellness and preparedness in our community. The class is taught by our American Heart Association certified teacher. In most cases (except where noted), at the completion of the class, each student receives a CPR Certification card from American Heart Association, valid for two years.
American Heart Association® Heartsaver® Course Information
Note: The Heartsaver course is NOT for health care providers.
Unless otherwise noted, the following applies to all UMCVFD CPR classes …
- Please do not bring young children. The minimum age is 12 years old.
- Anyone under the age of 18 must bring a parent or guardian to the class
What to expect / physical requirements
- Wear comfortable clothes
- You will be kneeling on the flor for most of the training. Kneeling pads are provided
- You must be able to kneel on the floor for an extended period of time
- There is no lunch break – feel free to bring a power bar and water
The following restrictions apply to ALL UMCVFD CPR classes
- Pets are not allowed
- Smoking & vaping is not allowed
- Please silence your mobile phone during class
For more information please send an email to CPR@umcvfd.org
Currently Scheduled Classes:
19801 Beallsville Rd, Beallsville, MD 20839
- Max of 12 students per date
What you will learn during the training
- How to do proper compressions on an Adult, Child, & Infant
- How to use an AED on an Adult, Child, & Infant
- Foreign Object Obstruction (choking relief) for Adult, Child, & Infant
- Narcan / Naloxone Discussion
What is included with the training
- American Heart Association Student Handbook.
- American Heart Association CPR eCard (will be provided upon successful completion).
- Pocket barrier mask for adult & infant
- Keyring Barrier Mask
- Pocket CPR Information card
Registration, Fee & Payment
- The fee is $55 per student
- Your registration is confirmed by email after payment is received
If you cannot find a currently scheduled class that works with your schedule, consider adding your name to our “CPR Waitlist”. We will notify you when future classes become available.