American Heart Association® Heartsaver® Course Information
The Upper Montgomery County Volunteer Fire Department is offering American Heart Association®, CPR/AED Heartsaver® training. UMCVFD wishes to provide up-to-date CPR and AED training for our community. According to the US Department of Health and Human Services, SCA, sudden cardiac arrest, occurs more than 300,000 times per year in the USA. Often, survival from SCA depends on fast action from bystanders and family members, and the use of CPR and an AED before emergency services arrives. Proper CPR & AED training effectively empowers bystanders and family members to recognize SCA, and begin CPR and use an AED.
What is the AHA®, American Heart Association, Heartsaver® Course?
- The Heartsaver course is for citizens that wish to learn CPR & AED
- The Heartsaver course includes CPR, AED and foreign object airway obstruction, (choking) for adults, children and infants
- The class size is limited to 10 persons.
- Please read the Heartsaver FAQs for important information regarding the class.
- The Heartsaver course is not for health care providers. The AHA provides a different CPR/AED course for HCP, health care providers
What is the fee?
- The class fee is $40.00
- The fee includes the class, the student workbook, a CPR pocket mask for adults, children, and infants, and a CPR card
- The fee is non-refundable
How to register: 2-Step Registration:
- Complete the online registration form here: UMCVFD CPR Heartsaver Registration Form
- Pay via PayPal or credit/debit card at umcvfd.org/about-us/donations/
- Please see the instructions on How to pay using PayPal
- Please see the instructions on How to pay using a credit/debit card
- Note: When payment is received, you will receive an email confirming your registration
- Note: Please add CPR@umcvfd.org to your allowed email
- Note: Paying by check is possible, but not preferred
- For more information please send an email to CPR@umcvfd.org